Christ the Savior Sobor Church
Toronto ON

M6G 2W9





Who we are

Добро пожаловать!

Добро пожаловать в Русский Православный Собор Христа Спасителя г. Торонто.

Посетите нас: Мы находимся по адресу 823 Manning Avenue, город Toronto. Ближайшее пересечение улиц Bathurst и Dupont. Ближайшие станции метро: Christie и Bathurst.

Настоятель: протоиерей Василий Колега. Телефон: (416) 522-5237.

Телефон в Храм: (416) 534-1763. Службы в храме проводятся согласно расписанию.

Welcome!

Welcome to Christ The Saviour Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Toronto.
Please visit us: We are located at 823 Manning Avenue, Toronto. Nearest intersection Bathurst & Dupont. Nearest subway stations: Christie and Bathurst.

Rector: Archpriest Vasily Kolega. Phone: (416) 522-5237
Second priest: Rev. Priest Geoffrey Ready: Phone: (647) 567-8955

Church office phone: (416) 534-1763. Services are conducted according to the schedule.



Church Address

Christ the Savior Sobor
823 Manning Ave
Toronto, ON M6G 2W9
Canada
Phone: 416-534-1763 / 416-522-5237
Fax: 416-534-3143
Download vCard with Service Times   Edit

Church Pastor

V. Rev. Vasyl Kolega
V. Rev. Vasyl Kolega
Rector
823 Manning Ave
Toronto, ON M6G 2W9
Canada
Phone: 416-534-1763 / 416-522-5237
Fax: 416-534-3143
Download Rector V. Rev. Vasyl Kolega vCard   Edit


Chocolate Gift Baskets Canada

Quote of the Day
James 4:7

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Denomination


Affiliations

  Edit

Church Website


Social media


Christ the Savior Sobor Church on YouTube




Leadership

Leader Name:
V. Rev. Vasyl Kolega   Edit
Leader Position:
Rector   Edit
Formal Title:
  Edit
Leader Address:
  Edit
Tel:
Fax:
416-534-3143   Edit
Leader Email:
Leader Bio:
  Edit
  Edit
Other Church Leaders:
  Edit

Leadership Photos



Administration

Admin Name:
  Edit
Admin Position:
  Edit
Admin Address:
  Edit
Tel:
  Edit
Fax:
  Edit
Admin Email:

Mailing Address

  Edit

Driving Directions

A From:
B To:
823 Manning Ave, Toronto, ON
Mode of Travel:




Travel/Directions Tips

Know how to get there? Share the knowledge with others!   Edit


Parking

  Edit


Christ the Savior Sobor Church Toronto Service Times

Schedule of Services

At Christ the Savior Cathedral we follow the old Julian Calendar. Services are in Church Slavonic.  (Epistle and Gospel are read in both modern Russian and English).  All needs (treby): baptisms, weddings, funerals, memorial services and molebens can be served by request in both languages.


6:00 PM Vigil and Confessions.

Saturday Evening


10:00 AM Divine Liturgy.

Sunday Morning


7:00 PM All-night Vigil.

Eves of Great Feasts


Confessions are heard following all evening services and one hour before the Liturgy.

Confessions


Please call the church at 416-534-1763 for a more complete schedule of services or to arrange special services.  For schedule please visit our website: www.christthesavioursobor.com

Service Times last updated on the 25th of February, 2018
print
PRINT
increase font size
ZOOM
add to calendar
ICAL
add to calendar
SUBSCRIBE
  Edit




Worship Languages

  Edit


Dress Code

  Edit


Sunday School / Children and Youth Activities

Under 12s:
  Edit
Under 18s:
  Edit

Local outreach & community activities

  Edit

Other activities & ministries

  Edit

Special Needs/Accessibility

  Edit

Prayers and Hymns

Main Bible:
  Edit
Hymns and Songs:
  Edit


Other information

Average Adult Congregation:
  Edit
Average Youth Congregation:
  Edit
Additional Info:
  Edit


Church Photos




History of Christ the Savior Sobor Church Toronto

История храма и прихода

Один из самых старых приходов в Канаде и старейший в Торонто в 2015-ом году отметит свое столетие.
История нашего храма чрезвычайно богата событиями и особенно их участниками. Как в фокусе, вокруг церкви нашей и в стенах её прошли и оставили след целые эпохи русской жизни во всем её разнообразии.

Русский православный приход Христа – Спасителя в Торонто был организован в 1915 году, первыми русскими эмигрантами, по благословению управляющего Северо - Американской Митрополией Архиепископа Евдокима. В 1916 г. приход приобретает здание церкви на Ройс аве. (ныне Дюпонт); настоятелем этой церкви становится о. Пантелеймон Божик. В 1917 году в России произошла революция, затем - убийство Царской Семьи и гражданская война. События того периода, выбили почву из под ног рядового эмигранта. Многие люди поверили во все "новое" и отвернулись от Церкви. Только единицы остались верны Православию и храму. В 1918 г. церковь на Ройс аве. продается, а приход распадается. Русская община в тот период окормляется в болгарской церкви. Перемена к лучшему наступает в начале двадцатых годов, когда к небольшой группе старых эмигрантов, не пошедших за большевиками или за модными тогда анархистами, присоединяются первые послереволюционные эмигранты. Активными прихожанами тогда становятся С. С. Кочерва, Д. В. Митянин, П. С. Зозуля, И. П. Бутько, и др. С благословения Митрополита Платона, приход воссоздается в 1921 году при небольшом количестве прихожан. Богослужения организовываются сперва в Англиканской часовне. затем, в 1923 году удаётся снять дом на Спадайна авеню, и устроить в нижнем этаже церковь. В 1928 году Преосвященный Арсений, епископ Канадский, назначает настоятелем о. Александра Пызу, а одну из самых деятельных прихожанок – Н.А.Гедеонову – регентом, с тем, чтобы создать хор и организовать сестричество. Работа закипела. Все шло хорошо до января 1930 года, когда чья-то злая рука поджигает церковный дом в тот вечер, когда все жившие в нем принимают участие в устройстве детской елки в ином помещении. Этот удар, рассчитанный на разрушение прихода, только удесятеряет его силы. Необходимо, для правильной оценки тогдашней обстановки, заметить, что члены прихода тогда были обеспечены материально очень слабо, имея, в лучшем случае, низко оплачиваемую работу. Единственное, чем владел приход, это — твердым решением устроить свою церковь. В том же году приобретается здание лютеранского храма по ул. Глен Моррис, 4, за 8.500 долл., с уплатой одной тысячи наличными. Нужно собрать эту тысячу и вот, начинается кампания по сбору средств. Кн. Накашидзе делает сбор среди канадцев; Н. А. Гедеонова руководит выступлениями хора в Англиканских церквах с этой же целью; граф Павел Николаевич Игнатьев и сын его Николай Павлович читают ряд лекций и, конечно, все прихожане складывают свои скудны средства вместе и, в результате, собранной суммы, превышающей две тысячи, хватает не только на уплату перваго взноса за церковь, но и на расходы по переделке помещения и на сооружение иконостаса. А осенью 1930 года Владыка Митрополит Платон, в сослужении Владыки Арсения и духовенства освятил новый храм.

После великого торжества наступили трудные дни. Начавшаяся Великая депрессия и безработица оставили многих людей без куска хлеба. На приходе организуются бесплатные обеды и ужины для одиноких безработных, тогда не получавших никакой государственной помощи. Небольшой русской общине приходится собирать средства на погашение закладной, содержание (нищенское) священника, поддержку и украшение храма. Бюджет тех лет на половину зависит от дохода от базара, на успех которого и направлены все усилия сестричества и тех прихожан, которые имеют какие либо художественныя способности и таланты. Кроме того, хор продолжал петь в разных церквах и сборами облегчал финансовое бремя церкви.

Тем не менее, храм наш становится центром русской жизни города и местом встречи с теми русскими, которые посещают его. Так, храм посетил Вел. Князь Александр Михайлович, дядя Покойнаго Государя Николая II. В первый приезд знаменитого казачьего эмигрантского хора Сергея Жарова приход устраивает прием для него. На правом клиросе поет целиком всю Литургию квартет Кедровых – известных авторов церковной музыки, чьи произведения остаются популярными и до ныне.

В 1936 году настоятель, о. Александр Пыза переводится в Детройт, США. На приходе сменяются несколько священников. В этот период наш приход теряет ряд прихожан, уехавших из города и все труднее становится работать для поддержания храма. Наконец, 9-го марта 1941 г. настоятелем назначается протоиерей о. Иоанн Дьячина - один из выдающихся пастырей Северной Америки. В короткий срок о. Иоанн вновь собирает прихожан и, несмотря на отсутствие многих деятельных членов прихода, восстанавливает работу сестричества, хора, организацию базаров, а затем и школу. Жизнь прихода опять становится нормальной.

Начиная с 1947 года в Торонто появляются первые послевоенные русские эмигранты из лагерей Западной Европы и Филлипин и наш храм наполняется до предела молящимися, даже в рядовые воскресные дни. Следует отметить, что большинство русской эмиграции конца сороковых и начала пятидесятых годов, осевшей в Торонто, проходит через двери Храма Христа Спасителя; многие из эмигрантов получили возможность приехать в Канаду благодаря стараниям настоятеля о. Иоанна и О. В. Родомара - Вукотича.

В 1947 году в Торонто приезжает Великая Княгиня Ольга Александровна, родная сестра последнего императора Николая II. И сама Великая Княгиня, и все члены Её семьи становятся усерднейшими прихожанами нашего храма. Вел. Княгиня и Её супруг Николай Александрович Куликовский всегда присутствовали на богослужениях и проявляли всяческую заботу о благолепии храма и благоустройстве прихода. Так, Великая Княгиня написала иконы для второго яруса иконостаса и образ Божией Матери для древней (16 века)греческой сени незадолго до того переданной в нашу церковь Правлением Королевскаго Музея (Сень(старослав.)— шатёр, палатка, покров, навес; в архитектуре - шатёр, навес на столбах или колоннах, завершающий башню или возведённый над колодцем). Но, конечно, главным качеством Ольга Александровна было Её отношение ко всем окружающим. Доступность и ровные для всех ласка и привет навсегда остались в памяти прихожан храма Христа Спасителя. Великая Княгиня была душой и сердцем нашего прихода и Её кончина в 1960 году не оставила равнодушным никого из прихожан и многими была пережита как личная потеря. Погребена Великая Княгиня Ольга Алексанровна на русском участке кладбища Йорк Семетери в Торонто, рядом с Её супругом Н.А.Куликовским.

7-мая 1952 года Епископом Торонтским и правящим Канадским был назначен Преосвященнейший Владыка Никон (Де Греве), а собор Христа – Спасителя с того времени получил статус Кафедрального собора.
Прихожанином собора Христа – Спасителя долгое время был граф Георгий Павлович Игнатьев – представитель Канады в ООН, отец нынешнего лидера Либеральной партии Канады Майкла Игнатьева.
Таким образом, практически весь послевоенный период, а также в 50-е и 60-е годы наш приход рос и развивался
В начале 1966 года государством было объявлено о выкупе нескольких зданий и строений, в том числе здания собора Христа - Спасителя на Глен Моррис для нужд Торонского университета. Одновременно с этим, стало известно, что закрывается англиканский приход Св. Киприана, расположенный на углу улиц Мэннинг и Фоллис авеню. Нашему приходу была предоставлена возможность приобрести его собственность, и 1 июня 1966 года приход Христа – Спасителя приобрел большой храм и церковный дом за 152 тысячи долларов. Немедленно были начаты работы по ремонту, перестройке и обустройству помещений храма и дома. Нужно отметить необычайную помощь и жертвенность прихожан, много помогавших и трудившихся не жалея своих сил и времени. 30 октября 1966 года состоялось торжественное освящение собора Митрополитом Иринеем и новоназначенным Архиепископом Канадским Сильвестром, в сослужении множества духовенства, и в присутствии множества приглашенных. Таким образом, с переездом в новое здание, был открыт новый этап в жизни прихода.

10 апреля 1970 года Русско-Американская Митрополия Северной Америки получила автокефалию из рук матери - Русской Православной Церкви. Автокефалия – значит полная независимость и становление собственной Православной Церкви в данном государстве.Этим наша Митрополия окончательно установила свое новое каноническое положение по отношению к Московскому Патриархату – уже как Церкви – Сестры, пятнадцатой в списке Поместных Православных Церквей мира. С этого времени бывшая Русско-Американская Митрополия получает название Православная Церковь в Америке. Предстоятелем нашей автокефальной Церкви в настоящий момент является Его Блаженство Блаженнейший ИОНА, Архиепископ Вашингтонский, Митрополит всея Америки и Канады.

Когда мы получили автокефалию из рук матери-Церкви, наш приход пережил трудное время, ибо очень много прихожан ушли от нас в Свято-Троицкий приход Русской Православной Церкви заграницей. Хотя многие из них и там не нашли своего места и основали новый приход, Воскресенскую церковь на улице Вайнона. Надо откровенно сказать, что причиной этих событий с одной стороны было некоторое непонимание нашего отношения с тогда гонимой и многострадальной Русской матерью-Церковью, а с другой стороны – некрасивой и ложной агитацией в некоторых кругах Русского церковного Зарубежья. Тем не менее, наш приход жил, развивался.

С 2002 по 2011 года настоятелем собора являлся протоиерей Олег Кириллов, до этого более десяти лет служивший в Москве - в храме Святителя Филиппа, Митрополита Московского на Проспекте Мира и в храме Св. Великомученицы Екатерины на Большой Ордынке (Представительство Православной Церкви в Америке). Отец Олег уделял много сил и личных средств красоте и благоустройству храма. При нём были отремонтированы столовая, школьные классы, внутреннее помещение храма, обновлено убранство и установлено кондиционирование в храме в летнее время, и т.д. Отец Олег также активно участвовал в организации приезда на канадскую землю Святой иконы Божией Матери "Почаевская", мощей Св.князя Владимира. Отец Олег также очень много уделял внимания росту прихода, приходской школы, церковному и православному образованию прихожан и русскоговорящих жителей Торонто.
Помощник настоятеля с 2008 года - священник Роман Павлов. Богослужения проводятся по субботам, воскресеньям и праздникам, они проходят на церковнославянском языке.

В нашем соборе находятся частицы святых мощей преподобных отцов Киево-Печерской Лавры, частица мощей преподобного Германа, Аляскинского Чудотворца, частица мощей Святителя Луки (Войно – Ясенецкого), еп. Симферопольского и Крымского.

В приходе стремятся к тому, чтобы обеспечить как поддержание и распространение в Торонто подлинной православной духовности, так и сохранение православной русской культуры. При храме действует Церковно-приходская школа имени Великой Княгини Ольги Александровны, где детям преподается Закон Божий, русский язык и история России, русская литература, театральное мастерство и, по желанию, математика и рисование. Занятия проходят по субботам. Кроме того, в школе есть подготовительный класс для детей дошкольного возраста. А наш хор, достаточно хорошо известный в Торонто и во всей Православной Америке, всегда рад, когда появляются новые певчие. Поэтому если вы когда-либо пели в церковном хоре, или хотите научиться - милости просим! Обращайтесь к регенту Елене Борисовне Ослоповой (416-833-8241). Среди традиционных мероприятий, организуемых нашим приходом - Рождественская елка, праздничное торжество на Масленицу и, конечно же, разговены на Пасху. Устраиваются также ежегодный базар, летний пикник, Кроме этого, каждое воскресенье, после Божественной Литургии, наше Покровское Сестричество приглашает всех на общую трапезу, чтобы прихожане и гости прихода могли подкрепить свои силы и пообщаться друг с другом.

History of our parish and our temple

One of the first Russian Orthodox churches in Canada and oldest Russian Orthodox church in Toronto will mark 100 years of service in 2015.
The history of our church is extremely rich with events and especially with people, participants of those events. As if in a focus, around and inside of our church, the whole eras of Russian life in all of its distinctions passed by. Russian Orthodox church of Christ The Saviour had been founded in 1915 by the first Russian immigrants in Toronto, with the blessing of the North American Metropolia Archbishop Eudochim. In 1916 the parish acquired a building at Royce avenue (now Dupont street); Fr.Panteleimon Bozhik became the rector of the church. In 1917 the Bolshevik revolution started in Russia, then Czar Family was tragically killed and civil war ensued. All those events of that period confused an average immigrant. Many people turned away from the Church and started believing in all that is “new”. Only few people were still faithful to the Orthodox Faith and their church. In 1918 the church building on Royce avenue was sold and parish disintegrated. Subsequently the Russian community joined the Bulgarian parish. Situation changed for the better at the beginning of 1920s, when a small group of older Russian immigrants, which refused to follow the Bolsheviks or, fashionable at that time, anarchists, was joined by the first post-revolutionary immigrants. S.S.Kocherva, D.V.Mityanin, P.S. Zozulya, I.P. Butko and others had then become active parishioners.

A small group of parishioners re-created the parish in 1921 with the blessing of Metropolitan Platon. Divine services are initially held in the Anglican chapel, and then in 1923 they managed to rent a house on Spadina avenue and set up the church in the lower hall. In 1928, His Beatitude Arseny, bishop of Canada, assigns Fr.Alexander Pyza a rector of this parish, and one of the most active parishioners – Ms. N.A.Gedeonova, - a regent, in order to create a choir and organize the Sisterhood. The work had started full speed. Everything went great until January 1930, when someone’s evil hand put the church house on fire on the night when everyone, who lived there, were preparing a Christmas party for kids at another place… This hit, which tried to destroy the parish, only made it even stronger. In order to correctly understand what happened, it’s worth mentioning that members of the parish were not rich, had low-paying jobs, at best. The only treasure the parish members had was the determination to have their church. In the same year the parish purchased a Lutheran temple building at 4, Glen Morris Avenue, for 8,500 dollars, with the cash down payment of one thousand dollars. So in order to collect the thousand dollars the parish started a drive to raise funds. Prince Nakashidze led fundraising among Canadians; Ms. N.A.Gedeonova conducted choir performances in Anglican churches with the same goal; Count Pavel Nikolaevich Ignatieff (Grandfather of current Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, Michael Ignatieff) and his son Nicholas gave a number of lectures, and of course, all other parishioners together contributed their scarce funds. As a result, the collected sum, exceeding two thousand dollars (!), was enough not only for the down payment, but also to cover expenses to renovate the building and build iconostasis. In the fall of 1930, His Eminence, Metropolitan Platon, concelebrating with His Beatitude Bishop Arseny and other clergy, blessed the new temple.

After that great accomplishment came difficult times. The Great Depression and unemployment left many people without a piece of bread. The parish organized free lunches and dinners for single unemployed, which at the time did not receive any support from the government. At the same time, a small Russian community had to raise money to pay the mortgage, small (literally miserable) salary to the priest, cover temple maintenance and decoration. The parish budget of those years depended half from the church bazaar, towards success of which, all efforts of Sisterhood and parishioners, who had any artistic talents, were directed. Besides, the choir continued to sing in different churches and raised money to alleviate the church’s financial burden.

Nevertheless, the temple was becaming the center of the Russian life in the city, and a meeting place with all the Russians, which visited it. Among others, the Great Prince Alexander Mikhailovich, uncle of the late Czar Nicholas II, visited the temple. On the first arrival of the famous Cossack immigrant choir of Sergey Zharov, the parish arranged the reception. The Kedrov quartet, the prominent authors of Church music, whose work is still very popular, sang the whole liturgy with the choir, standing on the right side.

In 1936, the church rector, Fr. Alexander Pyza was transferred to Detroit, USA. Subsequently, the parish changed several priests and lost a number of parishioners, who left the city, and it became harder to work to support the temple. Finally, on March 9, 1941, Fr. John Diachina, one of the most remarkable priests in North America, was appointed a rector. Shortly after, Fr. John gathered parishioners, and despite the absence of many active members of the parish, restored the Sisterhood, choir, bazaar organization, and a parish school. Life of the parish normalized again.

In 1947, first post-war Russian immigrants from Western Europe and Philippines started arriving to Toronto and our temple again was filled up with worshippers on every Sunday service. It’s worth mentioning, that majority of Russian immigrants, which settled in Toronto at the end of 1940-s and beginning of 1950-s had passed through the doors of Christ the Saviour Cathedral; many of those immigrants were able to come to Canada thanks to the efforts of rector Fr. John and Mr. O.V.Rodomar-Vukotich.
In 1947 Great Duchess Olga Alexandrovna, sister of late Russian Emperor Nicholas II, arrived to Toronto. Great Duchess herself and all members of her family had become the most devoted parishioners of our temple. Great Duchess and her husband, Nikolai Alexandrovich Kulikovsky were always present at services and showed great care about the temple decoration and parish well-being. Thus, Great Duchess created icons for the second level of iconostasis as well as the image of the Mother of God for the ancient (16th century!) Greek “passage”, which was donated to our church a little earlier by the management of Royal Ontario Museum. It is installed now in our church on the right side from the altar (near the holy water tank). But, of course the main quality of Olga Alexandrovna was her attitude towards the people around her. Her non-exclusive kindness for everyone, openness and welcoming heart have left a deep imprint in the memory of the parishioners of Christ the Saviour temple. The Great Duchess was the soul and the heart of the parish and her repose in 1960 left none of the parishioners untouched and was felt by many as a personal tragedy. Great Duchess Olga Alexandrovna was buried at the Russian lot of the York Cemetery in Toronto near her husband, N.A.Kulikovsky.

On May 7, 1952 His Beatitude bishop Nikon De Greve was appointed as a new bishop of Toronto and Canada and temple of the Christ the Saviour received the status of Cathedral.

Count George Ignatieff, - representative of Canada in the United Nations, and father of Michael Ignatieff, the current Leader of the Liberal party of Canada - was a parishioner of Christ the Saviour Cathedral.

Thus, during the whole post-war period, as well as in 50-ies and 60-ies our parish had been growing and developing.

At the beginning of 1966, the government had announced that it was buying up several buildings and houses, including the building of the Christ the Saviour Cathedral on Glen Morris Avenue for the needs of University of Toronto. At the same time, as it was revealed, the Anglican parish of St. Cyprian, located at the corner of Manning and Follis Avenue, was being closed down. Our parish was given an opportunity to purchase its property, and on June 1, 1966 the parish of Christ the Saviour acquired a large temple and church house for 152,000 dollars.
Immediately the repair, rebuilding works as well as internal premises arrangement had been started. It is necessary to note the unusual level of help and sacrifice of parishioners, who worked hard and spared no effort and time. On October 30, 1966 a solemn blessing sanctification of the temple had been held by Metropolitan Irenaeus and newly appointed archbishop of Canada Silvester, concelebrating with the multitude of clergy, and in the presence of many invited guests.
Thus, after relocating to a new building, a new stage in the life of the parish had been opened.
On April 10, 1970, the Russian-American Metropolia of North America had been granted autocephaly by its Mother - Russian Orthodox Church. Autocephaly means full independence and becoming a national Orthodox Church. By having been granted autocephaly, our Metropolia had finally established its canonical standing with regards to the Moscow Patriarchate - now a Sister-Church, becoming the fifteenth in the list of local Orthodox Churches of the world. From that point, former Russian-American Metropolia had gotten a new name of Orthodox Church in America. Primate of our autocephalous Church current is His Beatitude Jonah, Archbishop of Washington, Metropolitan of all America and Canada.
When we had received the autocephaly from the hands of mother-Church, our parish survived difficult times, because a large number of parishioners left our parish and joined the parish of Holy Trinity of the Russian Church outside of Russia. However, many of them still could not find their place in their new parish and founded the new parish on Winona Drive. We should frankly note, that the cause of those events was on one hand some misunderstanding of the relationship between Orthodox Church in America and at that time harshly persecuted and suffering Mother Russian Orthodox Church and on the other hand, ugly and false campaigning in some circles of the Russian Orthodox Church outside Russia. Nevertheless, our parish continued to live and grow.

From 2002 to 2011 the rector of the temple had been arch-priest Oleg Kirillow, who previously had served for over 10 years in Moscow – at the church of St.Phillip, Metropolitan of Moscow on Prospekt Mira street, and at the church of St. Grand Martyr Catherine on Bolshaya Ordynka street (which is also the representation of Orthodox Church in America). Father Oleg put a lot of efforts into renovating the Church, growing the Parish and Church school as well as constantly educating people around him about principles of the Church life. He stirred up and organized many important events in the life of the cathedral, such as bringing over for veneration the Holy icon of Mother of God of Pochaev and relics of Holy Prince Vladimir from Ukraine.

Since 2008 we also have a second priest - Roman Pavlov - who is the assistant rector. The services are held on Saturdays, Sundays and feasts in church Slavonic language.

At the temple there are relics of venerable fathers of Kiev-Pecherska Lavra, relics of venerable Herman of Alaska, the miracle worker, relics of St.Luka (Voino-Yasenetsky), bishop of Simferopol and Crimea.

The parishioners seek to support and distribute the true Orthodox Christian spirituality in Toronto, as well as preservation of Russian Orthodox culture.

The parish has a Church school named after Great Duchess Olga Alexandrovna, where children study the God’s Law, Russian language and History of Russia, Russian literature, drama, and optionally math and art. Studies are conducted on Saturdays. The school also has a preparation class for children of kindergarten age.

Our choir, widely known in Toronto and all over Orthodox America always welcomes new members. Therefore, if you have ever sung in an Orthodox Church choir, or would like to learn, you are very welcome to join! Please call the regent Elena Oslopova at 416-833-8241 for details. Other traditional activities, organized in the parish include Christmas Party (Yolka), Maslenitsa festivities, and of course breaking the fast after Easter.

There are also an annual bazaar and an annual summer picnic. Besides, every Sunday, after the Divine Liturgy, the Pokrov Sisterhood invites everyone downstairs for lunch together, so that parishioners and guests of our parish could refresh with home-cooked food after the service and informally spend time together.   Edit


Historical Photos

Page administrator

Contact Email:

The power of Christian prayer "Prayer does not change the purpose of God. But prayer does change the action of God."
Chuck Smith
This page was last updated on the 25th of February, 2018
Subscribe to Updates
Please enter the correct information below. Thank you!
Subject:
Message:
Your Name:
Your Email:
To confirm you Christ the Savior Sobor Church, please sign in with one of the social networks below
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Twitter
This church page is missing service times. Please help this page visitors by submitting Christ the Savior Sobor Church Service Times. Thank you!
Subject:
Christ the Savior Sobor Church service times
Message:
Your Name:
Your Email:
Christ the Savior Sobor Church Contact Form
Subject:
Your Name:
Your Email:
Message:
Subscribe to updates:
check this box to receive an email message when this page has been modified
Subscribe to Christ the Savior Sobor Church updates
Subject:
Subscription to Christ the Savior Sobor Church updates
Your Name:
Your Email:
As soon as Christ the Savior Sobor Church updates this page, you'll be notified by email.
Go to top arrow Go to bottom arrow