St John's

Antrim, Ontario, Canada

K0A 2X0


St John's, Antrim, Ontario, Canada
Stained glass at St. John's
St. John's church sign
St. John's Anglican Church Antrim

Who we are

Situated at the crossroads of Old Highway 17 and the Kinburn Side Road, in the village of Antrim, St. John’s is visible for miles around. It’s long sloped black roof with its steeple and bell complement the crisp white exterior and picket fence bordering the well kept lawn and flowers.

St John’s was built in 1873 after John Wilson donated the land. In 1893 a new stained glass window was installed in the west wall of the church depicting “The Good Shepherd”. The funds were raised by a talent money project. RC Sparrow, Superintendant of the Sunday school, gave each pupil twenty cents and the children bought duck, geese and turkey eggs which they hatched, raised and later sold. By 1963, the church had a very active Sunday school program and a wonderful youth choir that sang at several weddings.

In September 1973 St John’s celebrated its 100th anniversary and in 1977 was completely renovated. For St. John’s 135th anniversary we enhanced our walkway entrance and added beautiful antique lights. An anniversary service and picnic were held at the church welcoming all to our little white church in the valley. We look to the future as a warm friendly part of the community, welcoming newcomers, visitors, and children to join us in worship and fellowship.

Location of Worship

3751 Kinburn Side Road
Antrim, ON K0A 2X0
Canada
Phone: (613) 283-5051

Download St John's vCard with Service Times

Church Pastor

The Reverend Peggy Kuzmicz
Rector
3751 Kinburn Side Road
Antrim, ON K0A 2X0
Canada
Phone: 6136245463

Download Rector The Reverend Peggy Kuzmicz vCard

Quote of the Day
Luke 11:28

But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Denomination


Affiliations:




Website:




Leadership

Leader Name:
The Reverend Peggy Kuzmicz
Leader Position:
Rector
Formal Title:
Leader Address:
Tel:
Fax:

Leader Email:
Leader Bio:
Other Church Leaders:

The Reverend Peggy Kuzmicz on Social Media:


St John's Leadership Photos



Administration

Admin Name:
Admin Position:
Admin Address:
Telephone:
Fax:

Admin Email:

Mailing Address

Box 168
Pakenham, ON
K0A 2X0


St John's on the map




Driving Directions to St John's

Origin:
Destination:
3751 Kinburn Side Road, Antrim,
Mode of Travel:

Travel/Directions Tips



Parking



St John's Antrim Service Times

Sunday 9:00am

Service Times last updated on the 8th of October, 2019


Worship Languages


Dress code:


Children and Youth Activities

Under 12s:

Under 18s:

Local outreach & community activities:

Other activities & ministries



Special Needs:


Prayers and hymns:

Main Bible:
Hymns and Songs:

Other information:

Average Adult Congregation:
Average Youth Congregation:
Additional Info:


St John's Photo Gallery

St John's, Antrim, Ontario, Canada
Stained glass at St. John's
St. John's church sign
St. John's Anglican Church Antrim



St John's History

Services were held from about 1869 in the Fitzroy Schoolhouse before St. John's was erected in 1873 on land donated by Mr. John Wilson for a church and burial ground. Bishop J. Travers Lewis consecrated St. John's, Antrim on December 19, 1888. The exterior of the church and rectory were painted and the church interior was renovated in 1917-1918. In 1961, St. John's was completely redecorated inside. The centennial of St. John's, Antrim was celebrated in 1973. St. John's, Antrim, along with St. Mark's, Pakenham, and St. George's, Waba, form the Parish of Pakenham.

From: https://www.archeion.ca/st-johns-anglican-church-antrim-ont

St John's Historical Photos



Page administrator:

Contact Email: